Welsh Farm Business Grant 2020
To be eligible to register with Farming Connect you need to be an active farmer with at least 3ha of registered eligible agricultural land, a (CRN) Customer Reference Number and (CPH) Welsh County Parish Holding.
The Welsh Farm Business Grant provides a 40% contribution towards capital investments for machinery and equipment including farm water systems.
Farm Business Grant Application
To apply an Expression of Interest (EoI) in the Welsh Farm Business Grant requires applying through Rural Payments Wales Online.
EoI’s are accepted for multiple aspects of the grant with a minimum of £3,000 per application and maximum overall grant threshold is £12,000.
You are able to submit EoIs in multiple windows with a minimum £3,000 threshold
per application. The maximum overall grant threshold is £12,000.
To Claim the Grant
- FBG claim through RPW online via the Capital Works Claim page
- Provide invoices for all items claimed
- Verification from an accountant by letter to confirm business turnover is £1m or less
By the claim deadline
On previous application windows, it has been a common issue that claims have been submitted incomplete.
It is no longer necessary:
- To have been in receipt of (BPS) Basic Payment Scheme in the same year
- To have been trading for 2 years
Farm Business Grant Rules
A list of capital items eligible for grant funding is available here.
If your Expression of Interest is accepted, all capital items on your application must be purchased
If the below issues are found your application will be rejected and any grant money already received will be recovered:
- If items obtained by the grant don’t meet the specification
- If items have been purchased prior to the FBG contract acceptance
- if not all listed items are purchased that were agreed in the contract
- if items claimed in the grant are not on your holding during an inspection
Rainwater Harvesting Just Got Smarter
The Welsh Farm Business Grant can help towards the cost of Agrismart’s rainwater harvesting systems up to 500,000 litre capacity at a fraction of the cost of traditional systems, with the benefit of having automated water treatment to ensure optimum water quality.